Thursday, June 29, 2006

She did it

After several refusals to remove the training wheels, she finally let me do it.
And...after she screamed and yelled at me up and down the street in front of Grandma's house in frustration and fear, she finally did it.
"Mom, you've got to help me! No, don't hang on...just help me. Let go! Let go! No!!!! Help me, I said!!!NO, don't hang on! I said help me!"

Finally she did it. My little girl learned to balance, hold her arms strong on the handle bars, and pedal her little legs out. Yes, she can finally ride a bike on her own, without it being a "four-wheeler."

I'm so proud of her.

3 comments:

julie said...

oh, me, too!

i love it... mom, no! help. no, let go!

you can't help but love it!

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Cheering from here . . .

Jaime G said...

"I said!!!NO, don't hang on! I said help me!" I love that!

I love it... she "learned to balance"... this is a great picture of what parenting is all about... sticking with them as they find their balance.


I have a quote on our fridge, "parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth."