Thursday, August 30, 2007

5K results

I found out you really shouldn't run a 5k race after you've walked the MN State fairgrounds from 8am to 8pm the day before. I also found out that all the hype and goal setting doesn't help much with motivation unless you have another goal to follow it up with.

Results: 5K in 51.6minutes.
Most of the other runners - my friends - ran it in 28 or 30 minutes.

I also found out that I've got some really great friends - especially the one that stuck through until I came in to the finish line, and re-ran the last .25mi with me and encouraged me to sprint to the end - which I never would have done without her. Thanks, Julie. Your encouragement and motivation through training, and during the run was a huge help to me, and it meant a lot.

I've stopped running - lots of excuses, but of course it only takes one.
And, I'm pushing myself to consider other exercise options. Running made me feel better about myself, as well as feel good physically. I may pick it up again sometime, but for now...I'm looking for indoor exercise, like lifting my fork to my mouth. Ha.

No comments: