Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So...I lied

When I began this blog about a million years ago...I said I didn't care about who was reading it. I was going to write this blog and put down thoughts because they were for me and me alone. An online journal - open for others to read to keep me accountable and honest  - but really only for me.

I am so glad that I have chosen to write over the past few years, because as I look back over some posts (some just from the past 6months) I didn't remember writing them. I've been so far out of really writing well that I completely forgot my thoughts and ideas from back then. I've either moved on to something new, or am doomed to repeat mistakes I've made and haven't paid much attention to.
Sure, I'm busy. We're all busy. But, to forget what I was thinking during very significant points in my life - that's just wrong!

So...in part I was telling the truth - I did write for me. Because apparently I needed (and still need) to be reminded of what I felt, thought, and did. But, in some ways...I write for others to read and comment and make some noise. I want to know that others read and resonate with what I say, or that they even care or know that I have a blog and I find time to write - HA! I guess I'm looking for a little encouragement here.

I've succumbed to the Twitter posts of 140 characters at a time, and have completely lost the art and creativity I can express when I write. I can bring life to multiple characters on a page and create meaning and emotions. You can to. Many of my friends write - and I barely take time to read their blogs...but when I do, I try to comment to let them know who's reading. Let me know you're here...so I can take a little time to write more often because it matters to someone else, not just me.

So...I lied. I don't just write for me. I also write for you. So, if you're visiting, please drop me a comment. Share your thoughts, ask some questions. If you've been here before, and have never commented - please give it a shot. Even if just to say "Killroy was here." If you didn't really read this...then never mind.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Journal and reflect and think and grow. I care deeply, friend. But when you write, write for yourself. Hold the cherished and the uncomfortable together in one hand and smile.

ashley said...

Like you, I also blog for myself, but it is always nice to know others are reading, even if it isn't your primary motivation. Keep writing, Julia!