Thursday, July 21, 2005

How To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity

I got this email over a year ago, and as I was cleaning out some files, ran across it again. Okay, not original stuff, but definitely worth blogging about. Once I get past #2, I just can't stop laughing. I mean, laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt. If you can keep a straight face while reading these, it may be time to change your underwear.  Laughter is the best medicine...so have a little chuckle with me today.
 
 
 1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "in"

5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotteover their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.

6. In the memo field of all your checks, write "for sexual favors".

7. Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy."

8. Dont use any punctuation marks

9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.

10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.

11. Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".

12. Sing along at the opera.

13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.

14. Put mosquito netting around your work area. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.

15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.

16. Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard Kim.

17. When the money comes out the ATM, scream "I won!", "I won!" "3rd time this week!!!!!"

18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "run for your lives, they're loose!!"

19. Tell your children over dinner: "due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

7 comments:

jeffmacsimus said...

Fantastic. I may actually try one of these, though the brightly colored hair may blunt the eccentric impact somewhat...

I'd steer clear of number 19, though... Either that, or start a savings account now labeled "Therapy Fund."

Anonymous said...

Julia, nicely done. I am laughing so hard my head hurts. I will hold onto this. Thanks for the humor!

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

I can use this . . . thanks! (smile)

gloria said...

Julia, I had seen the first few when I worked in the office environment (over 7 years ago!!!), but many were new to me. Soooo funny. I'm with you, from #3 on I couldn't stop laughing. Olivia kept asking, "What's so funny?" These are a bit hard to explain to a 7 year old (I didn't actually try to).

julie said...

these make me think of amy strom...

Tonya said...

Oh soooooo funny! I would love to hear the report on what would happen if you tried #5 at work...switch to decaf for 3 weeks and then WHAM them with espresso!

Tonya said...

Better yet...will you just call me to come in on the day you switch to espresso!