Friday, July 08, 2005

Road Construction

They say there are only two seasons in Minnesota, winter and road construction. So much of that digging up the ground stuff, it's reflective of what's going on inside me, and what we've been calling "restructuring" here where I work. Sometimes I find it strange, though, that they close down complete sections of very busy highways and reroute everything into the side streets. Then, when the job is complete, depending on how long traffic has been rerouted, the side streets become the ones in need of repair. Hmmm...maybe it's season for me to find out more about the scenic routes in my life.

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Restructuring is good . . . as long as you don't pave over cobblestone . . . I love cobblestones . . . everyone of them.

I'm on a little detour, myself. Enjoying the scenery.

julie said...

i LOVE road construction. it's my favorite season because i love to sit in my un-air-condtioned car while too many cars try to squeeze into one little lane. it's the BEST! but the best part is how nice it ends up being when it's all over. you tend to forget the pain when there is so much joy. it all seems worth it. that's even better.

Jaime G said...

One thing I have noticed about Spiritual Roadconstuction is that while one is being torn up and rerouted; sometimes there has been a new lane right next to the old that was paved to make way for tearing down the old.
We are held in Good while being torn down.