Friday, August 05, 2005

My lovely daughter


My daughter is 6 years old, and quite imaginitive, if I do say so myself. She's quick-witted and has a line for anything. She carries on conversations with her girlfriends on the phone like she's a teenager, and does complete makeovers (pretend) at her in-home salon with any guests we have in our home. She loves to play dress-up in her dresses she wears to church, and dresses up in her grandma's nightgowns when she's at her house. She trys on one, then another, then another until she's gone through them all. Then, she chooses her favorite one, and stays in that the rest of the time we're over there.

Just thinking of her puts a smile on my face. New top teeth are coming in, and she's getting ready for first grade to start in a few weeks. Just something I'm thinking about today. She stayed overnight at her grandma's house last night, and called me this morning. She slept in late, and was very sweet on the phone.I'm looking forward to a fun weekend as a family just to spend time loving each other and laughing together.

Lovely, just lovely.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

I love this story . . . especially the part about the grandma (wink . . . smile). Have a delicious weekend together!

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Oh . . . and . . . she IS lovely!