Thursday, January 26, 2006

Why do I believe?

I found myself signing out of my blog this evening, and clicking on the Blogspot home page where it chooses a random blog...and voila...I found myself propelled into the world of an atheist.
So, here I am in the middle of the night, typing away at what I think may be the beginning of a bigger and deeper study of why I believe what I believe.

How can anyone simply either not believe in or believe that God (or any god for that matter) is non-existent? To me, it takes a whole lot more faith to believe that science and random electronic brain charges brought me to his blog in the first place, rather than the simple explanation that God is trying to tell me something...and I should pay attention. Now, I know it's not as simple as that, and there are many people out there who really don't care. This blog had me interested, but I haven't had time to read through all of what they have to say, and pull it apart for myself. My Christian world view seems to be diametrically opposed to their Secular Humanistic view of life on this planet, and I don't know enough about their viewpoint to comment intelligently, much less my own.

So, as I ponder why this man (and my extended family) is so resistant to the idea that God as Jesus is real, alive, and living within each of us...here's a little something to think about. Help me to see if I have guts enough to face the devil in his place here on earth.

Lord, give me the strength to go deeper with you, and to reach beyond Your Kingdom into the world of the unbelievers. I don't expect to argue philosophically with this person (I most likely won't even comment on his blog) but to take the website info and put it into perspective in my own life. Care to check it out? I'm curious about what you, my blogging friends have to say about it. The only way I can conquer this fear is to face it straight on...so onward I go. God help me. Philippians 4:13.

No comments: