Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Blogging for God

I suppose most of you have already seen this article on Foxnews.com about the GodBlog convention at Biola University in California. Frankly, I had never even heard of GodBlog, or Biola for that matter. Interesting stuff. I'm not sure what I think, yet. Still reading and discerning if this is the way to evangelize, or to just express my own ideas amongst my friends whom I've invited to read my blog. I try to stay fairly private, and don't allow anonymous comments, so I only invite in a few connected friends to start their own blogs and chime in.
 
I do have to admit, I'm interested in doing more blog surfing...but really how do you people find the time? I'm a full time working mom, full time wife (okay that's probably suffering a little...honey, I think it's time for a date night.) and then I think I can blog...YIKES! It's the late nights on the computer that are really getting to me physically...but alas, it's just a season. I'll keep blogging, and keep being the best mom and daughter, and wife that I can be. Please bare with me as I adjust to this new season...and let's talk about the GodBlog thing. Is it just about getting on the bandwagon, or really about checking the temperature of where we are at.

        "There is so much information out there that all of us feel like we're drinking out of a fire hose [when it comes to news],"  "[Bloggers] tend to be filters for like-minded people since you can't read everything."

    With that in mind, the social structure of blogging appears to fit perfectly into religious structure since just like pastors try to distill meaning from the Bible, blogs try to direct their audiences toward certain ways of thinking about issues."
        Carol Darr, director of George Washington University's Institute for Politics, Democracy and the Internet.

I look forward to reading your blog. I don't always comment, but I am reading. It's surprising to see how many come up to me and say, "Hey, I like your new blog's look." Very fun to know others are interested. Just know, I'm reading yours, too.

2 comments:

julie said...

i love the community that has formed here... i have only recently seen the faces of those that i call friend.

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

. . . filters for like minded people . . . hmmmmm . . . this little community appears to be very diverse . . . is it not?