Saturday, October 15, 2005

Way back when...

I finally got together with a friend from high school this morning for breakfast. We haven't seen each other in at least 10 years, so we had a lot of catching up to do. I guess I was a bit unsure about the visit, since the last time we spoke on the phone she was interested in going to the Prince concert. She tends to live a lot in the past, but our time together wasn't anything like that, thankfully. We caught up with where our families are, and how everything is going in our relational worlds. Actually, it was very nice...and I actually wouldn't mind seeing her again in the next year or so.

It's been 20 years since graduation...and I chose not to attend the official reunion last month. Interesting reasons behind it...but not here. I still keep in touch with a few people...okay, maybe 3-4...on a regular basis.

In response to Jeff's post, and Ashley's, I have to admit I was a bit curious...especially since this is a significant reunion year for me. This was also the year of USA for Africa, Miami Vice, the Breakfast club, and Back to the Future. Okay...here goes...just a few of my favorites way back when. Scary to think how many of these come right back to ya.

3. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Wham!
4. I Want To Know What Love Is, Foreigner
5. I Feel For You, Chaka Khan
7. Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Tears For Fears
8. Money For Nothing, Dire Straits
9. Crazy For You, Madonna
10. Take On Me, A-Ha
11. Everytime You Go Away, Paul Young
13. Can't Fight This Feeling, REO Speedwagon
14. We Built This City, Starship
15. The Power Of Love, Huey Lewis and The News
16. Don't You (Forget About Me), Simple Minds
18. St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion), John Parr
19. The Heat Is On, Glenn Frey
20. We Are The World, U.S.A. For Africa
21. Shout, Tears For Fears
34. Sea Of Love, Honeydrippers
35. A View To A Kill, Duran Duran
41. Things Can Only Get Better, Howard Jones
45. Sussudio, Phil Collins
51. Raspberry Beret, Prince and The Revolution
53. The Boys Of Summer, Don Henley
54. One Night In Bangkok, Murray Head
55. If You Love Somebody Set Them Free, Sting
57. We Don't Need Another Hero, Tina Turner
58. Material Girl, Madonna
59. Better Be Good To Me, Tina Turner
62. Smooth Operator, Sade
67. Glory Days, Bruce Springsteen
68. Voices Carry, 'Til Tuesday
70. Would I Lie To You?, Eurythmics
71. Be Near Me, ABC
72. No More Lonely Nights, Paul McCartney
75. Walking On Sunshine, Katrina and The Waves
77. Too Late For Goodbyes, Julian Lennon
79. Some Like It Hot, Power Station
88. California Girls, David Lee Roth
92. Born In The USA, Bruce Springsteen
93. Private Dancer, Tina Turner
96. Penny Lover, Lionel Richie

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

I love your new look . . . how did you do this? Amazing!