Saturday, October 01, 2005

Lalimama's baby boy



This boy will be dedicated to the Lord tomorrow. His sister, his mother, and his father have all been dedicated or baptized in the fall of the year...so it's only fitting that the fall time is his time, too. What a special day to celebrate this gift from God.

I'm a bit nervous, though, with family dynamics as they are...and none of them who are regular church-goers. Of course, it's a special weekend, and grandparents want to be there for our boy. It sounds like they all want to be there, so I guess that's something. But, it's always a little weird inviting people into my world, my workplace, my church, when their opinions and how they think of me has mattered so much over the course of my life. I'm totally happy with the way I live my life, but I always wonder what God could be doing in theirs, or what strange things could be said or done when I'm feeling vulnerable like this. How will a sharp or off-the-cuff criticism affect me? Why do I care? I'm proud of my boy, my girl, my husband, my life...what does it matter what my extended family thinks? Well, maybe it's not what they think, but how the in-laws and relational piece will work out.


I'm so excited, and curious to see what God will unveil tomorrow. We publicly declare our love for Jesus, and in obedience to Him, we dedicate our son, as we did our daughter 6 years ago, to raise him in a loving home that follows the ways of our Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Oh beautiful . . . beautiful . . . boy . . . blessed be!